I killed Docker by moving location of docker base, removed it, cant reinstall

• Linux noob here, I moved the location of the docker base path, which immediately resulted in an onslaught of errors and killed my containers. I googled around a bit and poked at it some but nothing seemed to make a difference, all I've really done is remove docker and attempt to reinstall. I've done apt-get purge for everything that had docker in the name when I ran dpkg -l, then a reboot (because i'm a network engineer?) then apt-get update and tried again.
    I was hoping someone that is more versed with linux might have an idea of where to go. This is just a side project I'm doing for fun, so a couple of shares, plex, and some docker instances to play with like pihole are all that live on this machine. I'm not afraid of starting back from scratch if I need to, but I've been poking around this forum for a few days and its been a wealth of knowledge and thought I'd try to learn something new.

I've pasted the results of apt-get install -f (after re-enabling the docker repository). As a side note, if i do start from scratch, what are suggestions for running version 4 vs 5 beta for a Linux amateur? My background is networking, so I really only know enough to have false confidence and break things. Any help or pointers are appreciated, but I'll also accept unique or clever insults.

TLDR: Broke docker, did some things, no fix, uninstalled, get errors when I try to re install

• Fixed, I think I knew what I should have been asking for but I didn't have the confidence to say. I found the config file for docker was still pointing to the shared drive where I moved it to before.
    Writing up what I did here hoping it helps someone else
    I uninstalled docker from OMV
    Ran dpkg -l and used apt-get purge [i]package[/i] to uninstall everything that said docker. If memory serves, It was docker-ce, docker-ce-cli, and openmediavault-docker-gui.
    used rm -r to delete the docker folder in etc that contained the config file.

I have no idea how much of that is actually necessary but I know the part that was broken was the config file that is at etc/dockerdaemon.json
    I opened it up using nano and saw that it referenced the shared file so I just deleted the whole folder and reinstalled.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!