Need help with a couple of issues with OMV, disk io stats and dropping packets over the network

• Hello all, I have a couple of issues that I can't seem to figure out how to fix. the disk io stats don't seem to be working properly and I am getting constant warnings through my email for inbound packet drops.

I have a very weird issue going on with my disk IO read and write stats in. just recently I noticed that with my ZFS storage, I am not able to see any read stats through netdata. I did some checking and found that running iostat in an ssh terminal I also get no read stats but writes are showing. in further testing thinking there was something with the ZFS plugin on OMV, I installed a separate sata drive and shared it over the smb/cifs. when attempting to read or write to the drive I see no activity in ether iostat or through netdata at all. whats even more interesting is that even the activity led on the server for the drives are not flashing even though there are no problems reading or writing to the zpool or the separate drive.

for the dropped packets, it's most likely unrelated to the io stats, this seems random throughout the day I receive multiple emails warning me of inbound packets dropped. I'm not sure if this is a real problem or not. I know this isn't the right forum for netdata, but I figured some of you guys have had some experience with figuring out if this could possibly be faulty hardware for maybe a driver issue. I've already checked cables and hopefully verified it's not a switch or router issue. my desktop PC with OMV didn't have this one problem.

my server setup is a Cisco UCS C200 M1 with an Intel 82576 dual port gigabit built in controller. I'm hoping to get these issues resolved since I just ordered an LSI HBA card and a SAS expansion card so I can add another enclosure housing up to 24 more drives for my home lab.

Where there's a will, there is a way! :D
    Cisco UCS C200 M1 Server w/LSI HBA + External drive enclosure
    OMV-4.1.32-1 (Arrakis)
    Linux 4.15.18-24-pve Kernel
    ZFS Nas storage

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!