Is it possible to change Plugin install path

    • OMV 4.x
    • Is it possible to change Plugin install path

      Hello all,

      Im a newbie in openmediavault, i know a little bit linux.

      I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full :/

      If someone can help me it would be cool, thanks all
    • ohmaxx wrote:

      I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full
      The plugins aren't filling your OS drive. What you do with the plugins might but most that would fill the drive can be changed. My dev VM has a lot of plugins installed and is only using 2.5GB. If you are using docker, you should change the path to a data drive.
      omv 5.3.2 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.2.4
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      ohmaxx wrote:

      I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full
      The plugins aren't filling your OS drive. What you do with the plugins might but most that would fill the drive can be changed. My dev VM has a lot of plugins installed and is only using 2.5GB. If you are using docker, you should change the path to a data drive.
      Hello thanks for your answer so for docker i know i can change the config path and i did it but for example i have installed plex and plex install a lot of thing in /var/lib so its in my os drive i would like to change that but i don't know how
    • ohmaxx wrote:

      Hello all,

      Im a newbie in openmediavault, i know a little bit linux.

      I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full :/

      If someone can help me it would be cool, thanks all
      Yeah if 16gigs isn't working for you, you have some sort of configuration issue. I've got quite a bit going on on my server as well, and I'm using just 2.2gigs.
      Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

    • ohmaxx wrote:

      ryecoaaron wrote:

      ohmaxx wrote:

      I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full
      The plugins aren't filling your OS drive. What you do with the plugins might but most that would fill the drive can be changed. My dev VM has a lot of plugins installed and is only using 2.5GB. If you are using docker, you should change the path to a data drive.
      Hello thanks for your answer so for docker i know i can change the config path and i did it but for example i have installed plex and plex install a lot of thing in /var/lib so its in my os drive i would like to change that but i don't know how
      Are you using the Plex docker, or the Plex plugin?
      Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      ohmaxx wrote:

      I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full
      The plugins aren't filling your OS drive. What you do with the plugins might but most that would fill the drive can be changed. My dev VM has a lot of plugins installed and is only using 2.5GB. If you are using docker, you should change the path to a data drive.
      Hello thanks for your answer so for docker i know i can change the config path and i did it but for example i have installed plex and plex install a lot of thing in /var/lib so its in my os drive i would like to change that but i don't know how
    • Hello thanks for your answer so for docker i know i can change the config path and i did it but for example i have installed plex and plex install a lot of thing in /var/lib so its in my os drive i would like to change that but i don't know how.

      I use the plex plugin not plex on docker

      i have a 16GB usb drive but i want to use it only for the system but the plugin plex is using all the storage space