Cannot access GUI, ip issue?

• Good Afternoon all!

Having an absolute whale of a time with all this OMV, debian, containers jazz! Still in the honey moon period as i got the server finally up and running with everything i needed about a week ago...but still playing about with it.

So last night i was trying to download a few images, and was creating new shares for work. I do not, to my little knowledge think i changed anything drastic but,

Tried to get into the web gui this morning, 192.168.1.99, and

This site can’t be reached
    192.168.1.99 refused to connect.

Great! Can ping the server, SSH, Telnet, and when I used the ip addr command i got this mess!

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
    2: enp0s10: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:24:8c:c2:26:6f brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.1.99/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global dynamic enp0s10
    valid_lft 82762sec preferred_lft 82762sec
    3: docker0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default
    link/ether 02:42:d8:47:de:df brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 172.17.0.1/16 brd 172.17.255.255 scope global docker0
    5: veth8d0062b@if4: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue master docker0 state UP group default
    link/ether 9e:e1:33:fa:b8:e5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff link-netnsid 0

Hopefully you guys can speak digital arameic !!

Is it an IPv6 or 4 thing? thats all i can decipher here!!

Thank you very much in advance.....

Aidan

• Update**

Tried resetting the network settings via "omv-firstaid" and got..

ERROR: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'http_status_code'

Update 2***

Had a look at the things i have been installing the last couple of days and found that "nginx" can cause some issues with ports.... so I used "sudo apt-get purge nginx nginx-common"

It ran, but still having the issue.

• Update 3***

15 hours deep in this OMV abyss..... and still nothing....

most commands not working now and ive given up reading the thousands of problems people are having...

Ill reinstall....

Thanks for the potential help...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used "sudo apt-get purge nginx nginx-common"

Not a good idea as OMV is needing nginx.

Ill reinstall....

Probably your best option. If a system is messed up and you are not sure what went wrong, it is better to have a fresh start with a clean system.

Once you have configured the system and everything is working, make a clone of the system drive, so that you can go back to that state if something goes wrong,
    Actually you should do it, once you have spend an amount of time that justifies the effort for doing the clone.

• Thank you for the input, I have reinstalled and got everything to where I want it ... for now!

Would you recommend the usbbackup 5.0 or some sort of clone software?

I dont want to install anything until I know which is the best! I feel fragile now!

Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

To clone the OS drive with Clonezilla (or other software) is the easiest.

The openmediavault-backup plugin is also working very well, but restore is a bit more complicated. There are threads about the restore process.

usbbackup is something different. It is used to backup your data to a drive that is connected via USB.

• Tried resetting the network settings via "omv-firstaid" and got..

ERROR: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'http_status_code'

I'm having this exact same problem. After I installed docker and rebooted, I won't get an ip address from my network (just the ones my docker containers get).

No matter what I do I won't get an IP and I can't reset the network settings via omv-firstaid.

What can I do?

• Hey,

So I finally fixed it. I was using a real interface, not the docker ones. But the problem came up after I installed docker.

Basically, after chatting with some people on IRC I ran:

sudo ip address add 192.168.15.121/24 dev eno1
    sudo ip link set dev eno1 up
    sudo ip route add default via 192.168.15.1

That brought my connection up.

I also installed strace, and that upgraded my openmediavault package, and correced the http_status_code error.

I also added a second ethernet cable to my network card, since I have a BMC interface. That brought a lot more stability to the system.

Hope this helps someone who runs into this.

• What are referring to the ip iddresses you mentionned ?

I would like to do the same with me server to have a change to get it back :)

Thank you !

• Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

It happened after setting up containers on portainer (nextcloud, Duplicati...) and rebooting.

Before that i changed my OMV port from 80 to 81 but was still working.

I also tried resetting the network settings via "omv-firstaid" and got : 'ERROR: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'http_status_code'

Could you please help me ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!