Update Management Updates shows an empty list

• My OMV server :
    OMV version 4.31-1
    Kernel 4.19.0-0.bpo.6-amd64

Problem:
    In the OMV GUI the list Package Information in Update Management is empty. See attached picture.

Check for updates is working, no errors.
    OMV can connect with internet.

Tried to solve the problem by:
    - empty browser cache
    - disable cookie filter and add blocker in browser
    - reset OMV GUI to defaults
    - restart OMV box.

Problem still not solved.
    Before this happened, I was experimenting with the omv dnsmasq plug-in but I have switched it off and uninstalled it. Still no result.

Any idea how to fix this?

• What you are seeing is perfectly normal if there are no updates available.

What other method are you using to see that there actually are updates available?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Is it?

There used to be a whole list of drivers etc., although they where not for my system.

So, now updates are only shown when applicable for my system and installed software?

I use no other method to check for updates, but since recently, I have a PC with Ubuntu and getting a bit familiar with the terminal, witch I could also use to access the OMV box command line.

• I see updates like you describe occasionally - things firmware updates and such. The most recent update I saw was yesterday or maybe today for omv-extras.

In the terminal you could run these to see what updates are available:

apt update
    apt upgrade

Then decide if you want to upgrade or not. I almost always do.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!