OMV Extras Install

• Thanks Ryecoaaron,

I used nano and added the commands you sent to the source list file. OMV Extras is now available on the Web GUI, great, thanks.

I do have the following on the terminal that concerns me a little, do I have to action anything here to remove these "multiples":

Thanks again for the support.

• Offizieller Beitrag

do I have to action anything here to remove these "multiples":

In your sources.list, you should remove all the lines that weren't the three that I gave you.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks,

Apologies in advance for overstating the obvious or my lack of understanding, do you mean delete the lines that are highlighted in my snapshot below:

Or delete everything up to the bottom of your third line?

Much appreciated, just trying to do the right thing :-)...

• Offizieller Beitrag

delete everything up to the bottom of your third line?

delete everything except the lines I told you to add. You can't really cause any more problems by deleting too much as long as you just add the three lines I posted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii will tell you if something isn't fully installed (but it may be removed)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

See below from: dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii

No packages listed. You are all good.

• Thanks for all the support,

Although I'm still very much a rookie, the system is great, I learn all the time and folks like yourself.

Appreciate the support, take care and stay safe!

• Hello All,

I am having similar issue with 5.5.20.

I did update the apt source list:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

Then

apt-get update

apt-get -f install

Code
    dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii
    Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
    | État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé/W=attend-traitement-déclenchements
    |/ Err?=(aucune)/besoin Réinstallation (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
    ||/ Nom                             Version                             Architecture Description
    +++-===============================-===================================-============-=====================================================================================
    rc  firmware-ipw2x00                20200918-1~bpo10+1                  all          Binary firmware for Intel Pro Wireless 2100, 2200 and 2915
    rc  firmware-ivtv                   20200918-1~bpo10+1                  all          Binary firmware for iTVC15-family MPEG codecs (ivtv and pvrusb2 drivers)
    rc  intel-microcode                 3.20191115.2~deb10u1                amd64        Processor microcode firmware for Intel CPUs
    iF  openmediavault-omvextrasorg     5.4.2                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

But something is preventing the correct post installation.

Any idea?

Could that be because I am running the pve kernel?

5.4.78-2-pve

I also tried with 5.9.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 but the same.

I was recommended to use the pve kernel for better zfs support but as 5.9 seems newer I am wondering if this is necessary nowadays

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could that be because I am running the pve kernel?

Definitely not. omv-extras can install that kernel. What is the output of: sudo omv-salt deploy run omvextras

• Here is the output:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!