rsync on OMV: 1) --xattr seem to get dropped 2) could we get support for --crtimes ?

• 1) Could rsync on OpenMediaVault get support for the option --crtimes?

I sometimes manually change the creation date of files in retrospect (i.e. for scans of analog photos where this means "Photo was taken on this dated", and set the modification date to "when the digital file was created") and then want to sync this metadata change correctly from my Mac to the OpenMediaVault via rsync. On local disks I had used --crtimes for this which worked fine. Manpage:

Zitat

-N, --crtimes

This tells rsync to set the create times (newness) of the destination files to the same value as the source files.

rsync on OpenMedia vault is one minor version behind and has a slighty differt capabilities (differences emphasized)

2) rsyncs --xattr seem to not work
    The macOS Finder labels (which are inside the extended attributes) DO NOT get transferred to my EXT4 formatted disk and where the rsync share resides despite using the "--xattrs" flag.
    If I copy the very same file via Samba, it gets copied the xattr. "ls -l" shows "-rw-r--r--+" for that file as opposed to "-rw-r--r--" if copied via rsync, which is a superficial verification that Samba copies/receives the xattrs but rsync not. I cannot fully debug with "xattr file" as xattr is not available on OMV. What is the correct way to install "xattr"? Did not find it in the web UI at "Plugins" or "Extras" and did not know whether using a CLI package manager like apt is the supported way of adding packages on OMV.

Odroid HC2 - Armbian 24 Bookworm - OMV7

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is based on Debian. Indeed, it IS Debian with the OMV packages added.

If you need/want a version of rsync other than what Debian provides, I suspect that you will have to compile your own version from source code. Or use some fork of rsync.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!