How long should the encryption plugin take to encrypt a 4Tb HDD?

• Its been over 48 hours of disk spinning and it's still showing as n/a and wont stay highlighted when I click on it in the WebUI. Am I doing it wrong? Fresh install, fresh drive, no other issues. Running on a Raspberry Pi 4 but OMV is showing as low cpu and memory load. Anyone el;se done this that can share their experience with me? I'm tempted to install veracrypt to encrypt the drive/s and mount them at boot. Without any feedback on progress I feel in the dark.

Great project btw people, thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks!

• Thanks. I get that, but the disk is greyed out on the list as I assume its still encrypting so unlock not accessible. If you click on he disk to select it, it unselects itself after a couple of seconds.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Drop down to terminal as root an run blkid command.

It should list al the partitions or disk with filesystem signature. Encrypted format should display something like CRYPTO_luks

if is there means the disk is encrypted and in general it doesn’t take long to encrypt.
    Sure you can’t unlock the disk? The deselection is normal, but you should be able to pick it.

Otherwise just unlock it in terminal.

cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdX sdX-crypt

Replace there the x for the drive letter assigned.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!