Help Please! Error after installing OMV to flashdrive "no arrays found in config file"

• When I install OMV to a flashdrive and do my first boot up after install, I consistently get the following error, please help! I am a newbie and have really struggled with this and am about ready to throw in the towel. Many hours wasted :/

Error follow:
    [ 0.289872] acpi LNXCPU:00: invalid PBLK length [7]
    [ 0.289910] acpi LNXCPU:01: invalid PBLK length [7]
    [ 0.290052] ACPI BIOS Error (bug): \_SB.PC10.OSC: Excess arguments - ASL declared 5, ACPI requires 4 (201888180/msarguments-164)
    [ 0.290130] ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Failure creating [\_SB.PC10._OSC.CAPB], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20188810/dsfield-183)
    [ 0.290173] ACPI Error: Method parse/executionfailed \_SB.PC10._OSC, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20188810/psparse-516)
    mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically
    Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems
    - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
    - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
    - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
    ALERT! /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.30.1 (Debian 1:1.30.1-4) built-in shell (ash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)
    End error quote. Note, there are many lines that say "mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically" on my screen.

Here's the background to this error.

I am trying to install OMV and run it on a former Windows 10 desktop. I am not sure of the specs on the machine, but I think it is a 2.7 GHz quadcore with 2 GB ram.
    I flashed OMV 4.1.22 iso to a formatted 2 GB USB flashdrive, then I installed OMV to an 8 GB usb flashdrive. I installed OMV successfully to the 8 GB flashdrive, and then took out the install usb and rebooted. The above error occurred. I have tried booting up again without the HDD's connected, and I get the same error.

I formatted all the flash drives, and I re-flashed OMV 4.1.22 iso to the flash drive, re-installed OMV, and I got the same error.

I then formatted all the flash drives again, this time using SD Card Formatter 5.0.1 per the install guide, and tested with h2testw.exe with no errors. I then flashed on OMV 5.0.5 iso to the install usb flash drive, successfully installed OMV onto the 8 GB flash drive, took out the install flash drive, and re-booted. I got the same above error.

I am dumbfounded. Can someone please help!!

I had successfully installed OMV 4.1.22 in this manner three weeks ago. However, during that install, I only had one 1.3 TB drive HDD. I got it all up and running, and I was able to create a network with the single drive. However, I wanted RAID 1, so I bought a second 2 TB HDD and tried to set up RAID1 on the system. I formatted the 1.3 TB HDD and was able to set up RAID1 successfully. I couldn't create a file system on the RAID1 for the life of me, however, possibly because I had the old file system from the single drive. I tried lots of things to no avail. So, I formatted both the 1.3 TB and the 2 TB HDD's as well as the install and OS flashdrives, with the idea of doing a clean re-install of the system and RAID. However, I get the error described above and can't move forward. SO FRUSTRATED!!! PLEASE HELP!! I've spent like 80 hours on this and just want it to work :(

• Yes, I de-attached my internal HDD's prior to installing to the 8 GB flashdrive.

On the other note, can you direct me to a forum where it discusses a better option than running RAID1 (mirror) on a my two-drive setup?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Uh, here.

This has been discussed many times on this forum.

Really not sure on the sda1 issue.. Try post #9 https://forum.openmediavault.o…tion-Dropping-to-a-shell/

Assuming you get it to boot, once you're booted, log in as root and type update-grub then hit enter. I think that will do the trick

• Thank you KM0201. I detached my data HDD's and then booted OMV. I did this, and it booted to where I could log in to OMV through the root directory. I logged in as root, and then typed the command update-grub.

Update-grub command successfully re-assigned the drive letter of my OMV OS to the correct one. So, then I was able to re-attach my data HDD's and boot up, and it worked!

Thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!