Raid5/BTRFS recovered/claimed almost 900 Gb of freespace by itself !!!

• Hi guys,

I don't know what exactly happened, but OMV just went from 3600+ Gb to 4500+ Gb of free space. All my media files still seem to be there.

Well, the only think I might have done if to run a command line to get movie resolution so I can figure out which ones I can upgrade from 720p to 1080p for example.

Code
    find /sharedfolders/media/Movies/ -type f -exec bash -c 'sm=$(mediainfo "{}" | grep Width); echo $sm - "{}"' \;

The command is not supposed to delete anything, maybe it justed forced the system to sync some fs tables with the reality ?

• After reading TFM, it looks like the "wasted" space was internally allocated by BTRFS, so before this magical thing happened, I was seeing the "unallocated" space (see at the very bottom) which was equal to free space I was initially seeing with the regular df command.

Now it's even more confusing, the free space calculated by df command is not the same as what's reported by btrfs.

Maybe there are some housekeeping operations on btrsf that get rid of allocated space that's no longer needed

Free space now:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev            7.6G     0  7.6G   0% /dev
    /dev/md0         11T  6.6T  4.5T  60% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!