SnapRAID exclude folders using wildcards

• I'm trying to set up an exclude rule for any and all "cache" folders, but I'm getting the following error

Invalid 'exclude' specification '**/cache/' in '/etc/snapraid.conf' at line 40
    Filters using relative paths are not supported. Ensure to add an initial slash

Is there any way I can do this without defining a path to each folder?

I've tried adding the initial slash like this /**/cache/, but that didn't work.

OMV7 | Xeon W-1250 | 48 GB | Linux 6.5 PVE

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why are you putting to * in the rule? /*/cache/ should work.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks, that helped and I was able to get it working. But it raised another question, is there a way to set a single rule to find a folder named "cache" at any depth? e.g. /foo/cache or /foo/bar/cache

OMV7 | Xeon W-1250 | 48 GB | Linux 6.5 PVE

• well that was stupefyingly easy, thanks.

Well, that came from the SnapRAID manual, and the plugin accepts it. But see if it works you run SnapRAID. I know I tried something that was in the manual that didn't work. I just don't remember what it was.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin only parses for one situation that is illegal with snapraid - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ned/rpc/snapraid.inc#L209 There may be others that the plugin accepts but aren't legal with snapraid.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!