Wake On Lan doesn't work after autoshutdown suspend

• I'm super desperate. I'm not a linux expert and I'm having issues with this for months now.
    I've found out that the autoshutdown plugin sends "systemctl suspend" when suspending
    but I can't wake the computer via Wake on Lan afterwards, which is bad since I need this NAS for work.
    What should I do, where do I start?!

• Offizieller Beitrag

WOL is very hardware dependent.

It works fine on some hardware but not at all on other. You need to investigate if it works at all with your specific hardware.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• the thing is it used to work.
    the dropdown menu "sleep" (which issues pm-suspend) works perfectly with WOL. (WOL flag g is set as well)
    I've also found that autoshutdown issues "systemctl suspend" which doesn't work at all and just shuts down the machine. I manually edited the config (/etc/autoshutdown.conf) to issue pm-suspend, which works now as it always did. yay!
    problem is, as soon as I change something in the WebGUI it reverts the autoshutdown.conf to systemctl suspend.
    Is there a way to either lock the config or to not let it revert to systemctl suspend?

• You can try to add SHUTDOWNCOMMAND="pm-suspend" to the options field of autoshutdown, as described here in the readme.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!