OMV4 to OVM5 upgrade issues

• hi, I have upgrade from OMV4 to OMV5 this when OK, However, I need to re-gen the fstab file. I did this doing the following:

Bash
    ovm-salt deploy run fstab

This produce a non-working fstab, relevant section below:

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    b616b60c-896a-4ffb-93a7-ffea1c206951       /media/b616b60c-896a-4ffb-93a7-ffea1c206951 ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl  0 2
    b5bc14e4-183a-449f-a21d-8744e0bd3627       /media/b5bc14e4-183a-449f-a21d-8744e0bd3627 ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl  0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

If the fstab is inspected the leading 'UUID=' is missing from both the auto generated part of the fstab and thus this will not mount. Also more oddly the '/etc/resolev.conf' was removed. The fstab was generated from the following model in the config.xml. (if you need the network config i can supply this as well the advance section of the networking config have a DNS server entry and it using the new systemd networking)

I can fix both the file easily by adding the 'UUID=' to the fstab and re-setting-up '/etc/resolv.conf'. However what did i do incorrect is the config.xml incorrect
    and why is this effecting the '/etc/resolv.conf' ?

Any help most welcome as to why this is happening.

• Your fstab is bizarre. OMV hasn't used /meda as a mount point since OMV 2, IIRC. This was changed to /srv. And UUIDs were replaced by disk labels in my install which started out as an OMV 2, then upgraded to OMV 3, then upgraded to OMV 4, then upgraded to OMV 5. These were all in place upgrades, not fresh installs.

When upgrading to OMV 5, my /etc/resolv.conf file also vanished. I replaced it by hand and eventually it was replaced with a static link to /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• This comes from the <fstab> section of my config.xml. It is for two drives only. I have ten drives altogether.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!