2nd IP for tvheadend and avm DVB-C

• hi,

have setup a tvheadend server via Docker to connect my avm dvb-c repeater.
    repeater got 2 tuners but will only connect one tuner to one ip address, so i would need a 2nd ip address to get both working.

how can i realise it in omv5? or can i set a 2nd ip in the docker on any way? both must point to the same network like 192.168.178.10 and 192.168.178.11.

thx

• hi,
    you have experience in that? tried but only stack on errors ...

my network (physical)
    192.168.177.0/24 (class c)
    gateway ist 1, dns 1 (my Fritzbox)
    dhcp 20 - 200 (standard)

my macVlan:
    subnet: 192.168.177.0/24
    IP Range: 192.168.177.232/29 (should be 6 "Hosts")
    gateway 192.168.177.1

i can create it, but if i change a container to join that networt and try to start i get this:

any suggestions?

thx draddy

• hi,
    excact this how-to i used to configure.
    after rebuild the conatainer i can use the macvlan network, container start, use IP from macvlan all ok- but i can't get a second ip address.

what i have to do more to use 2 ip's in the same network with one container? ;)

• Sorry, I dont have a spontaneous answer to that. Did a quick google search and it seems there is not an easy, straightforward solution for that. Maybe next week I'll find some time to dig into that topic...

• the problem by running two containers is, i have to config it two times, (ok is a one time event, so it would be not that problem)

but with 2 containers i have to chose in frontend which one i want to use - so lets say, my kodi on the pc will connect to container one, and, that kodi on my notebook will also connect to one (usually i don't use both at the same time) and the TV will use container two. ... now my wife get ill and want to watch some tv show in bed - i would give her my laptop and decide to watch another film on my pc ... ERROR - both will connect to container one - and i have to reconfigure ...

or i want to record a film, and watch another ... same here -.-

but still in hope you may find some time on the weekend ;) ... still asking google but didn't find the right until know :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

my macVlan:
    subnet: 192.168.177.0/24
    IP Range: 192.168.177.232/29 (should be 6 "Hosts")
    gateway 192.168.177.1

i can create it, but if i change a container to join that networt and try to start i get this:

Is that the macvlan configuration setup? the first step? If it is then you need to create a macvlan for tvheadend using that config there's a how-to here not sure is this might help.

• yes and no ;)

for sure - thats the "config" part - but i build a network from that config ...
    problem was, i have to stop the container, remove ALL network settings, remove the host mode network, than i can add the macvlan network and set an ip.

the container is accesseble with a IP from that VLAN (.233) - but i still need a 2nd ip in my container - thats the last missing step :/

would it be possible to give OMV a 2nd IP from my network (omv is .9 .. like 10 additional) and rebind the "host" to that container ... will the container than get both of the host ip's?

if yes - what to do? find some how-to to add a second IP (ip-alias) to omv, but looks all obsolete. last i found is "just add in /etc/systemd/network ... but what to add in 10-openmediavault-enp1s0.network? ;)

sry just going little crazy with that ;P

• Offizieller Beitrag

the container is accesseble with a IP from that VLAN (.233) - but i still need a 2nd ip in my container - thats the last missing step

I understand what your trying to do and doing a search there is information regarding this using Windows :( my only suggestion would be to ask this question on the Linuxserver io forum.
    My only idea is to create the config with just 2 ip addresses i.e. .232/30 then when you create a macvlan and point it to that config it will issue one, then from the command line within the container add the second, (the command seems to be New-NetIPAddress). Would that work, I don't know :/

• ok new step ..
    if i connect to the container
    docker exec -it tvheadend /bin/bash

and execute
    ip a a 192.168.177.234/24

both ip's are available and i can connect both tuners and watch two tv streams

GOAL ... until reboot xD

i have to do this after each restart of the container - so, is there maybe a way to say portainer to execute the ip a command after start?

• done!

ok for others (maybe other german want to get it working as well)

1. create macVlan:
    lets say:
    Router: 192.168.178.1
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.178.1
    DNS: 192.168.178.1
    DHCP 20 - 200 (default on Fritz!box)

macVlan could be something like:
    Subnet: 192.168.178.0/24
    IP range: 192.168.178.232/29 (that will give you 8 Adresses - 2 (broadcast and network) so you can access 6 "hosts") - a fritzbox got 4 tuners ... ;)
    Gateway 192.168.178.1
    Exclude IP's (optional) 192.168.178.232 (else you docker will geht 232 and isn't reachable so lets start at 233 ;))

from that config you create the macvlan

2. the TVH Docker
    i just create it, bind it to my macvlan network and add the 233 ip by my own in the config file (or portainer)
    after tvh is startet, i connect to that via shell
    docker exec -it tvheadend /bin/bash
    and try to set the 2nd ip (repeat if more needed)
    ip a a 192.168.178.234/24

test from a nother pc (not your docker host) if both of the addresses are reachable
    yes? good
    create folder to your tvh config folder called custom-cont-init.d
    mkdir custom-cont-init.d

create a file - call it what ever you want and add this line

ip a a 192.168.178.234/24

stop docker, start docker - try to reach both ip's ... done ;)

gl and ty to the supporters ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!