PiVPN possibly blocked by OMV firewall

• Hi all

I'm trying to consolidate two Pi's and need to move my PiVPN server from my debian based Pi to my OMV Pi.

I'm able to install the PiVPN server on OMV perfectly well using the curl command on their website and I've changed the 1194 port forward from the old Pi to the OMV Pi but clients aren't able to connect.

On the OpenVPN client logs, I can see that the hostname is resolving correctly and it is trying to connect on UDP port 1194 but the OpenVPN server on the Pi doesn't see the connection.

I've tried to open UDP port 1194 on the OMV web GUI but still no luck.

Any idea what I'm missing?

TIA

• Here too. Using Debian 10 and OMV 4 everything was fine. I used PiHole + PiVPN (which is just a wrapper for easy installing OpenVPN or Wireguard).

Now with OMV 5.0.5 and Debian 10 I can not get a connection anymore.

What do I need to unblock to get a connection again?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The OMV firewall doesn't block anything by default since there are no rules. No idea how to get your vpn working though.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Using OMV 4 there were no problems :(

Just reinstalled fresh Debian 10 without OMV. Installed PiHole, PiVPN with Wireguard = everything working.
    Seems to be a problem in the OMV 5.0.5 iso image. @ThatGuy_ZA

Once OMV 5 i installed, everything is blocked again.

So, if you like VPN, do NOT (!) use OMV 5. It will break your VPN installation. Not sure but I think OMV 4 does it too. Maybe try Webmin.
    Another less drastic solution and better for everyone who likes nice and good software like OMV (me too): split PiHole+VPN and OMV onto 2 different machines. OMV = powerful machine with lots of space for disks, PiHole+VPN = Raspberry Pi Zero or something like this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!