Please help with this partition layout and error

• Hi,

ok, I admit I have not looked closely at drives and file systems for a while, my box has been running for some years and survived all the OMV migrations/updates I put up for it.

Since my drives are now >6 years old I thought about activating automatic notifications especially for SMART events, which I did yesterday. Tonight I got a mail "A DegradedArray event had been detected on md device /dev/md/126_0"

Looking at the GUI I'm not sure what to make of this, it says md125 is degraded (not 126)??

Can you shed some light on what these partitions really are and whether the "degraded" warning is something to worry about?

Best regards

Mark.

System looks like this:

Code
    ARRAY /dev/md/OMV:MasterVault level=raid5 num-devices=3 metadata=1.2 name=OMV:MasterVault UUID=2925be41:fc40e814:1ba6b2a7:d48d94eb
       devices=/dev/sda,/dev/sdb,/dev/sdc
    ARRAY /dev/md/127_0 level=raid1 num-devices=1 metadata=0.90 UUID=6b872a8b:c0d8ae59:afc0f612:2c5b3870
       devices=/dev/sdd4
    ARRAY /dev/md/126_0 level=raid1 num-devices=2 metadata=0.90 UUID=1b692fd1:0b7d4871:90edcaab:235dd1c8
       devices=/dev/sdd2
    ARRAY /dev/md/125_0 level=raid1 num-devices=1 metadata=0.90 UUID=9eee4ce1:8f7bd9f8:d8323686:4d9c359d
       devices=/dev/sdd1
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Can you shed some light on what these partitions really are and whether the "degraded" warning is something to worry about?

It means it's not clean i.e. working correctly, in fact the whole output except for /dev/md127 which is a raid 5 makes no sense.

Suggestion, backup your data, disconnect the drives, reinstall, connect the drives, wipe them and start again.

Can it be resolved without doing the above, I doubt it, but to give you an idea, OMV does not use partitions to create a raid this would have to done on the command line + it would require 2 to create a mirror yours only appear to have one. Oh, and those mirrored raids are in auto-read-only mode.

• Offizieller Beitrag

since the drive has been in operation for quite a few years and if I remember correctly was used for a test install before, the partitions might me remnants of this.

Then I would start by deleting them, the 3 raid mirrors, then wipe the drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!