Communication failure

• I don't know why but since a couple of days I keep getting communication failures.
    Tried reinstalling a couple of times, also on different SD cards, but still the same behavior.
    This mostly happens when mounting drives and turning on or off repos in OMV-Extras.
    The things do work though after trying a couple of times, but it just all appears pretty unstable.
    I read somewhere that it might be because the server is too slow to make the php work properly,
    but I'm running OMV5 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with SanDisk Ultra SD Card, so this should be fast enough right?

• The same thing happens to me with OMV5 too. I have a mechanical hard drive, and the web interface worked well with OMV4. I have doubts, will it be a problem of version 5?

• Same here with a fresh install on rpi4. Everything works fine except the three switch under OMV extras, "Testing repo", "Extras repo" and "Backports". If I try to turn on any of these, then hit save, after a out a half minute of waiting I get "Communication error" message.
    Docker, Portainer and Cockpit works.

• Have not messed with OMV for a while and the system runs stabel so far.
    Just updated everything and enabled testing repo again and it still is loading very long until it throws the communication error.
    The changes still apply so nothing to really worry about, but the issue remains.

• Figured out the issue

I had a bad smtp setting so postfix was just constantly spamming, causing connection failures, 504 timeouts, and slow downs with OMV WebUI, portainer WebUI, ssh, and almost everything else.

I always tell myself "go to the logs first" but somehow I always forget.

Check you syslogs people you will find the root cause!

• I've the same "Communication failure" problem when trying to enable or disable Extras repo.

Sometimes the details tab show this:

<html>
    <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

OMV 5.6.1-1 on raspberry pi 4.

The system is not heavy loaded. Cleaned the brewers cache, tried with other browser. No difference.

After log out, login the setting is in desired position, so looks like it's applied even there was an error.

Has anybody found the root cause/solution of this ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!