Failed To Start Networking (eth0 Not Getting IP)

• This must be an issue recently introduced in OMV v4 that appears after a reboot, I see a couple other posts from others with this issue, and I still can't figure it out.

My problem very similar to this thread however slightly different results (or I am slightly further along).

Failed to start networking

I also have 2 hardwired Ethernet interfaces, also seeing a docker0 interface, which does have some 172.17.0.1 (not my domain) IPs getting assigned to it when

Raise network interfaces, the error did show to me on an earlier boot, I've noticed in subsequent boots it has gone away, and the interface raise seems to be happening. I have even got as far as not seeing the "No network interfaces exist" error go away on the console login screen, however I think it's just getting fooled into thinking docker0 is an active interface. Running omv-firstaid and answering no to both the IPV4 and IPV6 questions for eth0 to re-set it active does not seem to have made a difference.

I have run the flush command on eth0 as suggested. My eth0 port on the back of my server is lit up like crazy so I know it's getting data in from the router as always.

ifconfig -a shows docker0 first, with IP some weird addresses, followed by eth0, eth1, lo, and vethc5460f2 as other interfaces, and none of these have IPs.

What other commands or file content can I share (may need to be screenshots, I can't think of an easy way to get text off of something I can't see on my network)...Would love to get running again.

EDIT:

Few more things I tried with no luck.

- Changed cable to eth1 port, and ran omv-firstaid to change default from en0 to en1. Port shows as 1000 GB and ON, still gets no IP.
    - Flushed eth1 and restarted networking. Networking service restarted, no IP granted to eth1.
    - Added my previously set static IP to hosts file even though I realize this is not needed or may do nothing, rebooted, no IP.
    - Changed routers completely (used different router).
    - Changed network cables.

Something has happened that has caused OMV/debian to no longer want to dole out an IP address to this machine despite it verifying connectivity. I'm up for any ideas on what else I can try here. All the others who had this issue seem to have reinstalled from scratch as that's the only fix. I really don't want to do that. I haven't backed up my OS settings in forever and really don't feel like starting fresh.

There has to be some other stuff I can try.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also have 2 hardwired Ethernet interfaces

?( you nave 2 nics and connected them both? why? do you intend on bonding these or are you going to be using one as a bridge.

also seeing a docker0 interface, which does have some 172.17.0.1 (not my domain) IPs getting assigned to it when

That's fine it's dockers networking.

Something has happened that has caused OMV/debian to no longer want to dole out an IP address to this machine despite it verifying connectivity.

OMV doesn't 'dole out' IP addresses your dhcp does which in your case would be your router probably

Use one nic only, disconnect the other, run omv-firstaid and let it do the naming, setup a static IP address which must be outside of the routers dhcp scope, unless your router supports assigning static IP's using the MAC address of the nic, and report back.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!