Help! Unable to log in to OMV control panel

• When I try to log in to the control panel using a web browser i get the following message: "Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory" (see attached image)

This happend after I tried to install OMV Extras? I 'm however able to log in using PuTTY, so my server seems to be running just fine except for the fact that I can't log in to the control panel. I don't have a clue how to fix this, so please help!

• Here is the details from the message:

Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

Hope this gives som clue to what is going on?!

• Here's the error output of omv-engined -d -f:

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/object.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextrasorg.inc on line 22

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm guessing you installed the wrong version of omv-extras since there is no require_once line or line 22 in omvextras for OMV 5.x. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Here's the reply

root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii openmediavault 5.2.3-2 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-clamav 5.0.2-1 all OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    ii openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.3-1 all openmediavault disk monitoring plugin
    ii openmediavault-flashmemory 5.0.1 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    iF openmediavault-omvextrasorg 0.6.25 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

See attached screenshot

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-omvextrasorg 0.6.25

I'm not sure where you actually got that version but definitely way too old.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Yep, so it seems...uninstalled it and installed the latest version. It seems to work, but I'm missing the transmission plugin which was what I was looking for, among other's?! Am I missing something here or is it just not ported to the latest version of the extra's-plugin?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm missing the transmission plugin which was what I was looking for, among other's?! Am I missing something here or is it just not ported to the latest version of the extra's-plugin?

The downloader plugins were not ported to even OMV 4.x - https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=186122#post186122. You should use docker instead - https://forum.openmediavault.o…ntermediate-and-Advanced/

• Offizieller Beitrag

After installing the docker I'm however not able to find the docker-GUI?! It's not showing up under the plugin section as I would expect it to.

If you looked at the openmediavault-docker-gui entry on the first link I posted, it tells you to use portainer. Hence the docker and portainer install buttons in omv-extras. It does not add a "plugin" icon to the Services section because it has its own web interface. The second link of videos (yes, some of the videos are still OMV 4.x) and Google can tell you more.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!