Best way to move all data and shared folders to new raid

• Hi all, I have been using OMV4 in my NAS for 3 months and I am quite happy with it.

It has 3x6tb raid5 in a 12tb filesystem, but I want to change it to a 2x12tb raid 1 filesystem.

I want to move everything to the new filesystem and keep the shared folder configuration for Plex, transmission, users, etc...

I was thinking on mounting the new raid 1 and do a rsync, after that, what should I do to heredity the sharedfolder config to the new raid? do I need to edit the shared folder properties or renaming the raid 1 to the same name as the raid 5 will do the trick?

any help would be appreciated, thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Take a look at this Getting Started Guide . In the OMV5 guide, on page 59 in the current guide, you'll see the process for doing an Rsycn drive-to-drive backup. As you're probably aware, there really is no difference between drive to drive and RAID to RAID copies, except your device will be /dev/md0 or /dev/md1, etc. Rsycn copies from mount point to mount point. ((*Note* don't use the --delete switch until the copy is fully verified.))

With anything close to 12TB the copy is going to take a l-o-n-g time. One way to verify that all has been copied is to run the rsync job again and see that "0" files were copied.

Following the description of the Rsycn command line; is a section that will show you how to redirect a shared folder from the source, to the destination. Everything built on the shared folder (SMB shares, and other services) will follow the shared folder to the destination array.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!