Nextcloud letsencrypt, port-forwarding and SSL cert difficulties.

• Hi everybody!

New to the OMV world, and I've been following TechnoDadLife's video series on getting OMV and Nextcloud running on a Raspberry pi 4.
    I had previously used a NextcloudPi setup, which worked straight away, but now I am getting some trouble with connecting remotely to my Nextcloud instance.

I am able to get OMV 4 running on my Raspberry Pi 4, and it is set up just like in the TechnoDadLife video for now. I am also able to get MariaDB and Nextcloud working in Docker, with the lsioarmhf docker images. And using ip:444 I can log in and access my nextcloud in my local network just like I was able to previously.

I run into trouble when I start configuring letsencrypt and duckDNS. Once I input "docker logs -f letsencrypt" in terminal, while "letsencrypt" is my running container's name, it first runs for a very long time (as the message in the prompt warns), but then it ends up spitting out an error message reading:

"ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container"

Following is the latest, complete error message with personal information redacted:

Here are my duckdns and letsencrypt container configurations, as well as the port forwarding menu in my router.

Link

The only things I did differently versus the TDL videos are that I am running on OSX El Capitan, so I ssh in via terminal instead of shellinabox, that I use lsioarmhf images, and that instead of adding my-net into the "Extra arguments" section of the container config window, I connected the duckdns and letsencrypt containers to my-net in the configurations tab in docker window.

I tried both the "Securely Login to Nextcloud Remotely on Openmediavault", and the "Free SSL Certificates with Letsencrypt on Openmediavault : Updated" videos instructions, which seemed to differ only as much as how the SUBDOMAINS environment variable is managed in the letsencrypt container. I now followed the more recent video, and simply used "cloud" as a subdomain for my "xxx.duckdns.org" domain that I have configured, as I figured it was pretty arbitrary, but I may be wrong.

I used this tool and nmap in terminal to check my ports and set it to "Use Current IP", and found that port 80 is open, and port 443 is not. I am very new to any of this business with port forwarding or router configuration, so I am not sure if this is useful information or not. But I have gone through a multitude of threads here with similar issues and a common thread seems to be issues in port forwarding / port opening with the different routers people have at home, so I wonder if that's where my issue lies? If so, please advise on how to troubleshoot the issues.

I have completely re-etched my OMV iso into the microsd on my Pi multiple times, and am now running a version in which the configuration steps are as 1:1 with the TDL videos as possible, with small variations pertaining to my Raspberry Pi and other (I think) simple differences.

Sorry if it's a bit of a wall of text, but I wanted to try and provide as much info to be able to troubleshoot this issue concisely, and thanks in advance for the help, crawling through these forums has shown a really amazing community and amount of support to users starting out with their own NAS systems!

• Offizieller Beitrag

“I am also able to get MariaDB and Nextcloud working in Docker, with the lsioarmhf docker images.“

• Those images have been deprecated. If you pull the Linuxserver dockers the proper arm versions will automatically be selected.
    • The technodadlife video you referenced is a bit outdated too.
    • Take a look at this How-To. There might be a bit of a learning curve but there is a discussion thread linked to the How-To down at the bottom. [How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose
    • These links may also help:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud
    https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/mariadb
    https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/letsencrypt
    https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/duckdns
    https://blog.linuxserver.io/20…rypt-nginx-starter-guide/

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Thanks for the link! Can't believe I missed that, looks just like what I need.

I ran through the commands but was once again stumped by "docker logs -f letsencrypt" command, receiving the same Cert-related error message.
    I might just have to try flash OMV anew and try it without the possible previous adjustments still present and see if that helps..

• Thanks for the extensive set of links! Good to know that I've been running outdated images and tutorials, will definitely save me some headscratching there.
    I followed the how-to but ended up once again receiving the same Cert-related error message when I ran the command "docker logs -f letsencrypt". I'll probably try and flash OMV anew and run it again to see if there might be issues with something related to my previous tinkering..

Will definitely go through the links and climb the learning curve as best as I can, cheers!

• Unlikely that you messed up configs on omv. Thats the advantage of docker, when you delete the static data and the containers your system is back to the previous state.
    Most of the time the error of the letsencrypt container is due to faulty port forwardings or your isp (not public available ipv4 address)

• Unlikely that you messed up configs on omv. Thats the advantage of docker, when you delete the static data and the containers your system is back to the previous state.
    Most of the time the error of the letsencrypt container is due to faulty port forwardings or your isp (not public available ipv4 address)

Okay! Good to know going forwards, and it seems your are correct. I already went and reflashed and configured my OMV, and after following the process detailed in the how-to you supplied I arrived at the same result.

Are the python SyntaxWarnings something to be worried about?

Also, if it has to do with port forwarding, does this look alright or have I missed something fundamental?

Here are my router forwarding settings.

Or what would be some tools to troubleshoot the availability of the different ports?

Thanks a ton!

• Your port forwardings look wrong.
    Try it like this:

Oh! Thanks a million!

That got me past this hurdle. Port forwarding was a new concept so really had a hard time getting my head wrapped around it, super happy to find out the issue was so trivial.

Thanks again and have a good weekend!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!