Openhab Docker Install Continually Restarts at KARAF_ETC at

• I have been pursuing this issue on the Openhab forums, but now believe this is something related to OMV. I have had Openhab running quit well within a Docker for months. I decided to upgrade Openhab to a newer version, and completely screwed it up. Without any luck to get Openhab installed again, I uninstalled Docker from my OMV and reloaded it to start fresh. I now know that doesn't restart fresh, most of the old information is still retained; i.e. images and such. Needless to say Openhab continues to fail during Docker install. I believe that the Docker has become corrupted with old information related to a previously failed install, but before I do anything drastic I thought I'd seek your advice.

Openhab goes through it's initial install and creates a basic file infrastructure, then starts the following part of the script, where it fails at the KARAF line. At that point it constantly restarts.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?? Thanks.

++ cmp /openhab/userdata/etc/version.properties /openhab/dist/userdata/etc/version.properties
    cmp: /openhab/userdata/etc/version.properties: No such file or directory
    + '[' '!' -z ']'
    + chown -R openhab:openhab /openhab
    + sync
    + '[' -d /etc/cont-init.d ']'
    + sync
    + '[' false == false ']'
    ++ IFS=' '
    ++ echo gosu openhab tini -s ./start.sh
    + '[' 'gosu openhab tini -s ./start.sh' == 'gosu openhab tini -s ./start.sh' ']'
    + command=($@ server)
    + exec gosu openhab tini -s ./start.sh server
    Launching the openHAB runtime...
    KARAF_ETC is not valid: /openhab/userdata/etc

• I thought I'd revisit this issue, as I have exhausted my options on the OpenHab side. I now am led to believe that this is either a Docker or OMV issue. I have since the above post, completely reinstalled OMV using 4.5.1. OH still will not start with the same above error at the end of the Docker log. I've been told on the OH forums that it's a permissions issue, but I have tried every possible combination without success. Any ideas, or questions that may led me down the right path. I'm not sure where the best place to find the logs are, nor the best method to display them for easy deciphering.

• OK, with the help of others I now have OpenHab up and running; thanks Huberer. But there is still a problem. I used the following script to install it.

in order for the volumes to work properly and be persistent, I need the my data at:

/srv/c1ccddc2-fc0e-4291-9c7e-80d642416337/EDBMedia/OMVData/Docker_Openhab/openhab/conf

I know that line 8 is associated with the above, but not sure how I'm supposed to make it work. Where in the above source code should I insert that line??

• -v /srv/c1ccddc2-fc0e-4291-9c7e-80d642416337/EDBMedia/OMVData/Docker_Openhab/openhab/conf:/openhab/conf \ (instead of line 8 )

The first part of the line is the location where the data are stored on the host machine. If no absolute filepath is given docker will create a volume with the set name in a folder in the docker base path. After the : is stated which folder of the docker container will be saved there.

I'd suggest you make a backup of your old backup folder first.

• I discovered that during install of OH in the docker, there are folders/directories created within the Host. Those folders locations were misidentified within the docker container. I corrected the docker container and then everything started to work...... although I still had problems with the persistent data folders so I got frustrated with the whole project and gave up.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!