ExecException when applying changes since OMV5 upgrade

• Hello all.

I just upgraded to OMV5 and I am facing this error whenever I try to apply any change thorugh the webUI (rsync changes in this example):

Has it something to do with python module? Should I try to reinstall it?. What is omv-salt exactly? It looks like a new OMV5 thing.

I did:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

And I have no packets to be updated at the moment.

I tried browser cache cleaning and locale changing to English/Spanish.

PD: Done some research. It seems there is another user on the same situation: https://forum.openmediavault.o…26061-Salt-Stack-in-OMV5/

Zitat

"Every time you apply a configuration change OMV5 checks against its salt states and will fail if they aren't there.
    I then have to enable the custom OMV Salt Configuration, apply the change and then disable the config again."

Thanks in advance.

PD: Nevermind, got fixed after a reboot.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jfromeo ()

• Can you please post the content of /etc/resolv.conf?

This is the new tool to deploy the configurations.

Thank you for the quick response. After a reboot, everything worked fine.

Code
    # cat /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 8.8.8.8
    nameserver 8.8.4.4

Talking about nameservers, which is the difference between:

/etc/resolv.conf
    /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

And the edit option at Interfaces which let you fill in nameservers for each NIC/bond connections? (and how did you fill 2 different ones, separated with coma maybe?)

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

• Offizieller Beitrag

Talking about nameservers, which is the difference between:

/etc/resolv.conf
    /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

I think to remember that systemd creates a symlink between both.

And the edit option at Interfaces which let you fill in nameservers for each NIC/bond connections? (and how did you fill 2 different ones, separated with coma maybe?)

I think comma or blank.

• OMV 5.2.x(6)

I found out, that:

1) If I set /etc/resolv.conf everything works fine until next OMV update (eg now 5.2.4 > 5.2.6)
    2) After the update, the /etc/resolv.conf file is deleted and must be manually set/created again.
    3) DNS servers settings in OMV GUI (Network> Interfaces ...) are ignored.

Code
    openmediavault systemd-networkd[18665]: /etc/systemd/network/10-openmediavault-enp3s0.network:8: Unknown lvalue 'UseDNS' in section 'Network', ignoring
  • Yes, it is.

Finally, it seems that /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf via symlinks works fine, so at the moment it works correctly. I will follow the next update.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!