Help me create an shutdown script

• Hi guys.
    I hope you can help me.
    I have two servers running OMV 4. One is connected to a UPS (and using the UPS plugin will shutdown during a power failure) and I would like the ability to shut down the second server automatically in the event of power loss.
    I was thinking of running the openmediavault-autoshutdown addon on the second server, have it check for when server one powers off then run the autoshutdown plugin.
    I have an issue though. Server 2 is based on arm (helios4) and I have read the autoshutdown plugin doesn't work.
    Can I get some guidance on how to do this any other way?
    I was thinking of having a script run on server 2, pinging server 1 at regular intervals. If server 1 is off then shutdown server 2. It's a bit crude but I think this might work.

Has anyone done anything like this or can I get an example?

Cheers

• I was looking for something similar, but then to shut down desktop PC's.

Maybe this will help.

Haven't yet done anything with it.

• See what utility your UPS offers. I have an APC UPS. And I run apcupsd on my router with the APC plugged into it on a USB port. When the power fails, the daemon sends timely shutdown commands to any machine on the network configured for it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• See what utility your UPS offers. I have an APC UPS. And I run apcupsd on my router with the APC plugged into it on a USB port. When the power fails, the daemon sends timely shutdown commands to any machine on the network configured for it.

Hey there.
    I'm using a Cyberpower Bric. For the control i'm after I could use PowerPanel® Business Edition Linux software but I have just read that it must be installed on a pentium compatible cpu (my cpu is based on arm).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!