Unwanted open ports

• I have several open ports on OpenMediavault, that I don't want to be open, like the FTP port (21).

That's insecure and specially weird, since, for example, I have FTP disabled on OMV GUI. After searching the forum, I have even tried to enable FTP and then disable it, but this trick does not work: the port continues open, no matter what.

Is this happening only to me? Is there any fix for this?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Two things... It doesn't have any config, so it shouldn't cause any harm. And you should have your omv system behind a firewall/router meaning the port doesn't matter unless you open that port on the firewall/router.

But I maybe the following would fix it.

sudo systemctl disable proftpd
    sudo systemctl stop proftpd

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Two things... It doesn't have any config, so it shouldn't cause any harm. And you should have your omv system behind a firewall/router meaning the port doesn't matter unless you open that port on the firewall/router.

But I maybe the following would fix it.

sudo systemctl disable proftpd
    sudo systemctl stop proftpd

Hey man, thanks for the reply! My ISP gives me an ipv6 address with two options: firewall enabled or disabled. That's it, the ONT has no firewall customization at all for ipv6 (on ipv4, I could manage port forwarding, but it's not the case with ipv6). That's why I'm a little concerned about these open ports.

I appreciate the suggestion about how to close the port 21, it worked! Could you also give me a hint about how to close the remaining ports? - 111, 139, 445 and 2049.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My ISP gives me an ipv6 address with two options: firewall enabled or disabled. That's it, the ONT has no firewall customization at all for ipv6 (on ipv4, I could manage port forwarding, but it's not the case with ipv6). That's why I'm a little concerned about these open ports.

You could still use a router between your ISP and your network.

Could you also give me a hint about how to close the remaining ports? - 111, 139, 445 and 2049.

111 is nfs
    139 is samba/cifs
    445 is samba/cifs
    2049 is nfs

So, you need to disable nfs and samba or add entries to the firewall tab in OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!