postfix/smtpd error since OMV5 upgrade

• I was inspecting the syslog after the OMV5 upgrade, and the only task which is giving errors is the postfix/smtpd service.

In OMV4 I got all the notifications working (plus a telegram channel to replicate them with a bot), but in OMV5 I cannot make them to work, except the "Your user account was used to log in to the openmediavault control panel via a web browser" which works like a charm.

I have the SMTP settings well configured (smtp.gmail:587, username without the domain and password) as the login email gets sent correctly. But the rest of notifications (disk resources, cpu usage, smart...) does not get sent.

I tried to reinstall and restart postfix, and clean, save, fill in and save the notifications dialog in the GUI.

These are the errors related in syslog:

Code
    postfix/smtpd[20056]: warning: dict_nis_init: NIS domain name not set - NIS lookups disabled
    postfix/smtpd[20056]: fatal: in parameter smtpd_relay_restrictions or smtpd_recipient_restrictions, specify at least one working instance of: reject_unauth_destination, defer_unauth_destination, reject, defer, defer_if_permit or check_relay_domains
    postfix/master[7274]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/sbin/smtpd pid 20056 exit status 1
    postfix/master[7274]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/sbin/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
    monit[1557]: Cannot create socket to [127.0.0.1]:25 -- Connection timed out
    monit[1557]: Cannot open a connection to the mailserver 127.0.0.1:25 -- Operation now in progress
    monit[1557]: Mail: Delivery failed -- no mail server is available
    monit[1557]: Alert handler failed, retry scheduled for next cycle

Thanks in advance.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

• Same error messages here. I upgraded OMV4 to OMV5 yesterday, see here.

OMV 7.0.4 Sandworm | omvextrasorg 7.0 | compose 7.1 | Linux 6.6.16-current-mvebu | Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm | Hardware Helios4 | RAID5 with 4 * 8TB WD Red

• Does omv-salt deploy run postfix fix that issue?

Looks good now. An amount of monit messages arrived in my mailbox.
    Thank you.

jfromeo: If that fix resolves your problem also, the thread can be marked "solved".

OMV 7.0.4 Sandworm | omvextrasorg 7.0 | compose 7.1 | Linux 6.6.16-current-mvebu | Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm | Hardware Helios4 | RAID5 with 4 * 8TB WD Red

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!