R-sync fails with "operation not permitted" error in logs

• Hello all,

EDIT: Ooops, hang on - I think I might have resolved it. Will update if I am successful or not.

I am trying to sync files with R-sync from my QNAP NAS to OMV, but I am getting the errors as per the attached image ("Operation not permitted").

Can somebody tell me if this is a permissions thing, or something else? The directories appear in my FTP client when I look at OMV shared folders, but if I try to open them, I get the error: "Failed to retrieve directory listing".

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this.

Thanks,
    Nick.

• OK, I am clearly not educated enough on this subject to get this working, so I need to fully understand things - can anybody let me know if there is a guide somewhere or some instructions to get a non-OMV NAS syncing data to the OMV one?

Thanks,
    Nick.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

• Hi, thanks - yes, I can see them in my FTP client. That said, I am now thinking of using OMV only on both machines. Also, I have been given a few servers to play with, hence my most recent thread:

OMV on a QNAP TS-210 and others.

Not really a fan of the QNAP firmware and I would really prefer to be using OMV on anything from now on, just for some continuity and to ease setting up for me. As you can see, I have a lot to learn and would like the easiest way possible as I don't have too much spare time to myself for reading up.

Thanks,
    Nick.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!