General Qestions ...

• Hellow everyone,

I am new on OMV just wanted to share some questions regarding plugins...
    I am using OMV 5.2.6.1 ON Debian 10.2. Yet much to learn but here are my questios,

1. How am i suppose to run these plugins that i have intalled? Example i have installed a pluging called openmediavault diskstats and is for monitoring your disks and send info...is installed but no idea how to run it. (Or it is that all plugins must be run from console and no one has gui????
    2. I am trying to install Docker ... i have installed omv-extras and the docker is up and running but i can not install docker gui cuase its not in the list of plugins... It suppose to create a service under omv services right? There is nothing there.

3. Using Docker i am can install and run ttorrent client Av, and other things righrt???

Thank you for your time.

• 1. Diskstats is shown on the Diagnostics | System Information | Performance statistics page | Disk I/O tab.

2. On OMV 5 Docker is not a plugin that appears in any list of plugins or the list of Services.

3. Yes. But you will have to learn how to do it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank you for your answers..Since in Omv 5 doesnt appear how am i suppose to configure and run apps on it? Do you have a guide that can help me? or do i need to install portainer?

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since in Omv 5 doesnt appear how am i suppose to configure and run apps on it?

According to your other thread you installed a desktop, KDE if I remember, you cannot install a desktop environment, OMV is headless with it's own GUI.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Sorry but i dont understand.... what has to do if i installed a desktop environment or not? OMV is web Interface right? . What i am asking is how i am suppose to run and configure docker if i cant not see it nowhere in omv 5.

Thank you.

• Install Docker and install Portainer and/or Cockpit or configure docker containers in the shell with docker run commands or docker compose commands.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!