web gui give me error messages "communication failure" and "Gateway Time-out"

• Following the installation of the sendmail-bin package, my omv4 went up in smoke!

So, without wasting time, I reinstalled all over again, but this time I opted for omv 5.0.5

The problem is that I can't do almost anything via the omv web interface. working on shared folders or on shares, everything is slowed down and at the end of the operation (which is not successful) always gives me an error message such as "communication failure" or "Gateway Time-out". Above all, in the logs, I see this line that makes me think: "monit [571]: 'nginx' failed protocol test [HTTP] at [127.0.0.1]: 90 [TCP / IP] - Connection refused". On the old installation I had installed nginx, but on the new one I didn't! As is possible, the omv installer had formatted the partition!

• Hi,

try to clear browser cache. Chrome e.g. is strg+F5.

Fixed Systeminfo for me after upgrade to OMV 5.

thank you very much friend, systeminfo is now solved, thanks to your support !. unfortunately everything else still doesn't work well.

• in the process list I still see nginx, I can't explain it!

Code
    678 root      20   0   69736   1764     64 S   0.0   0.1   0:00.00 nginx
      679 www-data  20   0   70096   3476   1500 S   0.0   0.1   0:00.05 nginx
      680 www-data  20   0   70500   5104   2804 S   0.0   0.2   0:01.31 nginx
  • I decided to remove nginx and I did it through these two commands:

Code
    sudo apt-get purge nginx nginx-common
    sudo apt-get autoremove

now I can no longer access the web interface, neither using port 90 (I had changed it) nor with the standard port 80.

• I had done it and installed omv 5.0.5 but I started giving these errors. In your opinion, what could it depend on? Now for safety I'm deleting all the disks with dd command, before proceeding with the installation of omv again..

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now for safety I'm deleting all the disks with dd command

That should not be necessary. Just do a fresh installation.

If you run into problems, might be better to ask in the forum first. Try to avoid the CLI. If you use it, make sure to read the information that is provided. Pressing "Yes" is not always what you want ;)

• That should not be necessary. Just do a fresh installation.
    If you run into problems, might be better to ask in the forum first. Try to avoid the CLI. If you use it, make sure to read the information that is provided. Pressing "Yes" is not always what you want ;)

But I still don't understand the reason for these error messages. I hope they won't come back again.

• Have you tried to clear the browser cache like toppi suggested?

When do you get the error message?
    Post the error message here as text.

I completely reset the browser before accessing the web interface. The error occurred when I restarted omv from the web interface. The title of the error message is: an error has occurred. If I go to see the details, I see an html code with title 502 bad gateway. Beyond the error messages, I notice a slowness in the web interface, which was not there with OMV4.

• I'm testing the web interface thoroughly. I can say that the slowdown problems of the web interface occur with the management of shared folders. however I don't understand the reason for this slowdown!
    When I create a shared folder, and press the save button, although the yellow top bar appears immediately to apply the changes, updating the list of shared folders takes a long time, about 20 seconds.
    Even when I create the share, when I have to select the shared folder, it takes about 20 seconds to load the list of shared folders.

update.
    after I added some shared folders, what I feared happened, the error message titled "communication failure" appeared again. In the details it says "communication failure".

update.
    @macom now I can't even share because after the attempt to load the list of shared folders, the usual message appears, "communication failure"!

update.
    even if I try to modify the privileges of a user, it returns the error message "communication failure"!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!