Disk can´t be mounted after upgrade to OMV 5

• Hi,

I have serious problem with one of my data disks. It can´t be mounted any more after upgradeing to OMV 5.

I can see the disk in the UI:

When I try to re-mount it I get this error message:

It isn´t listed in the fstab also:

Perhaps it´s also related that I removed the noexec parameter in openmediavault´s config.xml in the mntent section for on og my other drives to moce docker base path there. After sat I ran salt deploy fstab run to rewrite fstab.

But I checked the backup file (the one with the ~) and it´s the same except the noxec parameter.

Any who can help me with that please?

• I can see the disk still in fdsik -l:

And here is the output from omv-salt deploy run fstab:

• I can see the disk still in fdsik -l:

And here is the output from omv-salt deploy run fstab:

The entry in config.xml from openmediavault also looks complety different from the other disks:

Code
    <mntent>
            <uuid>7606a13b-f3a4-41db-a1ae-e070c995b272</uuid>
            <fsname>e2b940c6-dfdd-485b-8cfa-bfd4f406d18f</fsname>
            <dir>/media/e2b940c6-dfdd-485b-8cfa-bfd4f406d18f</dir>
            <type>ext4</type>
            <opts>defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl</opts>
            <freq>0</freq>
            <passno>2</passno>
            <hidden>0</hidden>
          </mntent>

Here is an expample of a disk that works:

Code
    <mntent>
            <uuid>f8f3cdc9-29a0-4855-b009-4ad4df316ee6</uuid>
            <fsname>/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68AX9N0_WD-WCC1T1094316-part1</fsname>
            <dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68AX9N0_WD-WCC1T1094316-part1</dir>
            <type>ext4</type>
            <opts>defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl</opts>
            <freq>0</freq>
            <passno>2</passno>
            <hidden>0</hidden>
  • Sure!

I thought no one is interested in this. Even my 3rd post here has not been unblocked. The system seems to think that it is spam and a mod needs to unblock it.

Basically the mntent entry in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml "felt" wrong to me:

Code
    <mntent>
            <uuid>7606a13b-f3a4-41db-a1ae-e070c995b272</uuid>
            <fsname>e2b940c6-dfdd-485b-8cfa-bfd4f406d18f</fsname>
            <dir>/media/e2b940c6-dfdd-485b-8cfa-bfd4f406d18f</dir>
            <type>ext4</type>
            <freq>0</freq>
            <passno>2</passno>
            <hidden>0</hidden>
          </mntent>

So I decided to delete it. Found an older post from @ryecoaaron mentioning that.

After that I ran  omv-salt deploy run fstab

After that I was able to mount the disk again.

But all the shared folders entries for that disk where still referenced to the old mntent uuid above. I was not able to delete or modify them in the GUI.

Perhaps someone should investigate into that. When I tired to change them a new window opened and I could choose the right disk and folder there but I was unable to reenter the name of the sahred folder. It was not possible to type that in the name field. But it was empty and without the name it couldn´t be saved.

So I edited the config.xml again and changed the new uuid from the new entry of the newly mounted disk in the reference of the related shared folder entries.

After that I ran  omv-salt deploy run fstab again and rebooted the machine.

After that everyhing was working again.

• I had similar problem when using remote mount with webdav

After that I ran omv-salt deploy run fstab again and rebooted the machine.

runing omv-salt deploy run fstab without changes lead to the result:

Encountered error managing block: Unterminated marked block. End of file reached before marker_end.. See the log for details.

I rembembered that I edited fstab manualy and with this I deleted maybe the marker from omv, after ading:

# <<< [openmediavault]

worked fine

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!