Database connection error after upgrading from OMV 4->5

• Hi,
    Yesterday I've upgraded from OMV 4 to 5. I cannot log into the webgui anymore. It states failed to connect to socket: connection refused
    And this error details:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I uninstalled all plugins designed for omv4 (except for  openmediavault-keyring which carries version number 1.0 so guess it's been there some versions.
    Looking up the traceback message from omv-engined -d -f it seems a database (connection) error. Could someone help please?
    Everything I've set up like my samba shares does seem to work however

• Offizieller Beitrag

The last error message says that your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml is empty. You can not recover this situation if you don't have a backup. Otherwise you need to reinstall.

• It turned out the config.xml file was empty indeed. Upon further investigation, I discovered my sd card went corrupt. My installation did behave strange the last week indeed (omv password not accepted, mysql server crashing..)
    I'll try with a new sd card (luckily I backup regulartly)
    thanks for your help.

kr
    wouter

• The last error message says that your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml is empty. You can not recover this situation if you don't have a backup. Otherwise you need to reinstall.

I also have the same fatal error. However, I was thinking.

I'm duplicating my systemdrive to an usb-device as we speak. After it's done, I would reinstall OMV on the systemdrive.

Would it be possible to, when the new install is done, to copy the working config.xml to my backup-usb and afterwards copy the whole usb-drive back to the systemdrive? In that way, I think, I wouldn't have to reinitizalize all my apps, portainers etc.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!