Monit error on fresh install of OMV5 on a Raspberry Pi

• I've been following the OMV guide to install OMV5 on my Raspberry Pi (link) and followed every single step up to fetching the actual image and installing it (wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash). After about 15 minutes, the installation cancels and returns the following error:

I tried a manual install of monit but this didn't seem to fix the issue.

Checking if monit functions properly returns a 'segmentation fault'. Removing monit also uninstalls OMV.
    I've been looking on the internet ever since and I can't seem to figure it out (also posted this in the OMV subreddit, one person experiences the exact same issue but is unable to figure it out also) - does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

• I got the same error un my Pi 2 B

I have tried several times following the manual.

Also, tried to skip "sudo apt.get upgrade" with same luck.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is a bug in the monit package (nothing to do with omv or install script) that I have never been able to reproduce. So, not sure how to fix it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Any idea with this additional info? Do you think this is the issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea with this additional info? Do you think this is the issue?

Salt should run masterless. The output of cat /etc/salt/minion.d/openmediavault.conf should say file_client: local. Not sure why it is looking for a master. @votdev?

And unless salt isn't configuring monit because it is looking for a master, I don't think this is a problem. What is the output of (as root): omv-salt deploy run monit

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea with this additional info? Do you think this is the issue?

Configuration of the minion was not successful. OMV runs Salt in masterless mode.

Someone or something has modified /etc/salt/minion. There default config should not be touched, thus one of the first lines MUST be #master: salt.

• I fixed the problem installing an old version of monit

Code
    apt-get install monit=1:5.25.2-3

I got farther in the install but OMW is still not configured.

After installing the above version of monit, It looks to have complete the install and advised me that OMV is installed. however after a reboot and going to the Ip address of my RPi, I get a 502 bad Gateway. Previously I had just the nginx landing page.

• Here is the

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!