Is it save to deinstall PHP 7.0?

• Hi,

for whatever reason my OMV has PHP 7.0 and PHP 7.3 installed:

Code
    root@intrepid:/etc# /usr/sbin/phpquery -V

For that reason I get error messages every half an hour in my logfile:

Code
    Feb  3 19:39:00 intrepid systemd[1]: Starting Clean php session files...
    Feb  3 19:39:01 intrepid sessionclean[25291]: PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    Feb  3 19:39:01 intrepid sessionclean[25291]: PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    Feb  3 19:39:01 intrepid systemd[1]: phpsessionclean.service: Succeeded.
    Feb  3 19:39:01 intrepid systemd[1]: Started Clean php session files.
    Feb  3 19:39:01 intrepid CRON[25405]: (root) CMD (  [ -x /usr/lib/php/sessionclean ] && if [ ! -d /run/systemd/system ]; then /usr/lib/php/sessionclean; fi)

I think it´s somehow a leftover from older OMV versions.

My question is, is it save to simply uninstall PHP 7.0 executing apt-get purge php7.0-common or will this brake OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume you upgraded from omv 4.x to 5.x? If so, it should be safe. There might be something still using php7.0. Try to uninstall it. That is the nice thing about apt-get, it will tell you what it is going to uninstall. If omv isn't in the list, you should be good. Backups are helpful here.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi @ryecoaaron

Many thanks! After I upgraded to OMV 5.3.0.1 the last message I saw was "configuring php-7.0 fpm". Affter that OMV did not work any more.

Ngingx error 502 - Bad Gateway.

So I purged PHP 7.0, reinstalled openmedaivault plugin and run

omv-salt deploy run nginx and
    omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

After that OMV was working again :)

• I ran into the same errors as Toppi after following the instruction from Message 38.

I will be upgrading several systems should I add apt-get purge php7.0-common to the instructions just after apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg

Purging PHP 7.0 after the upgrade breaks OMV5 forcing a reinstall of the OMV plugin and running the omv-salt commands as Toppi suggested. It works just looking for a cleaner way if possible.

• I ran into the same errors as Toppi after following the instruction from Message 38.

I will be upgrading several systems should I add apt-get purge php7.0-common to the instructions just after apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg

Purging PHP 7.0 after the upgrade breaks OMV5 forcing a reinstall of the OMV plugin and running the omv-salt commands as Toppi suggested. It works just looking for a cleaner way if possible.

I got the same issue, which plugin did you reinstall if I may ask ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!