docker-compose doesn't use config-folder

• Hello,

with OMV v4 I was running a lot of docker containers without any problems. Now, after the upgrade (to OMV v5) I decided to switch from normal docker to docker compose.
    Therefore I've installed docker and portainer via omv-extras. Furthermore I've updated to the latest docker-compose via CLI (according to GitHub).

My first docker-compose installation was Plex Media Server. Therefore I've created this docker-compose.yml:

Under the OMV-GUI I've changed the docker storage path from /var/lib/docker to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-work/appdata.

After starting of the docker, docker didn't use the stored path of the config folder (which I created before). All of the config files were stored under the docker storage path (before under /var/lib/docker) and not in the folder mentioned in the docker-compose.yml. Under portainer I can see two config-folders:

The config folder with the long number is located under
    /sharedfolders/appdata/volumes/6d1aeb336ed1d0a1acbf07f3ba913b01d5a71395818bb0ecd98c2f2b72f077d4/_data

If I stop the container and try to remove the second config-folder (with the long name) I will get an error (via portainer).

Now my question. How can I solve this issue. Why does docker-compose create a new config-folder instead of using the one mentioned in the .yml file?

If I do the same with "normal docker" there's no problem. Everything is stored in the folder of the config-file.

Thanks in advance

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• In your yml file, in the volumes: and devices: sections, each line is terminated with a backslash. I've never seen that in a yml file, only in a continued shell command.

Try removing those and reload it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• @gderf

After I've posted my thread I checked my two installations files for docker (normal docker and docker-compose) and realized that there were backslash. I removed it and installed everything new and voila docker-compose used the config-folder of the .yml-file.
    Thanks anyway for the hint.

The issus is now solved.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!