Parallel installation next to existing OS

• I already have a RaspberryPi4 on which the OS Openhabian is already installed to run my Smarthome.
    Now I would like to install an additional NAS in my network and came across this product. Is there a way to install openmediavault as additional software, or parallel operating system without affecting the existing installation, or do I need my own Raspberry for this application alone?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to install openmediavault as additional software, or parallel operating system without affecting the existing installation,

No, someone has asked the same question recently, and the question was asked if OMV could be run in Docker. But reading OpenHabian that could be run in a docker, so one install OMV, install docker then install OpenHabian, or another RPi and install OMV on that.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• No, someone has asked the same question recently, and the question was asked if OMV could be run in Docker. But reading OpenHabian that could be run in a docker, so one install OMV, install docker then install OpenHabian, or another RPi and install OMV on that.

Let me get this straight. I have no experience with docker, but Openhabian seems to be able to run on docker.
    If I understand you correctly, the first thing i have to do is install OMV?
    Then I can install Docker in wich i install openhabian?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!