raid 5 add drive

• hello all and question , can anyone recommend or are there instruction on how to add another drive to an existing raid 5 set up , that already has 3 drives in it , wanted to add another drive
    thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

hello all and question , can anyone recommend or are there instruction on how to add another drive to an existing raid 5 set up , that already has 3 drives in it , wanted to add another drive
    thank you

GUI
    Install drive -> Storage Disks -> Wipe (Short)
    Raid Management -> Select Raid -> Recover -> Add new drive
    When sync has finished Raid Management -> Select the raid -> Grow
    Then, File Systems -> Select the raid -> Resize

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• GUIInstall drive -> Storage Disks -> Wipe (Short)
    Raid Management -> Select Raid -> Recover -> Add new drive
    When sync has finished Raid Management -> Select the raid -> Grow
    Then, File Systems -> Select the raid -> Resize

Does this instruction delete the data ? I mean the "Wipe (Short)" is whats driving my question.

• As @henkall already has explained the wipe part is only for the new drive which you intend to add to the array.

But it is highly recommended to have a full data backup if you modify your RAID setup. Because anything can happen which may lead to a complete data loss.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!