Web-UI access to shared folders ?

• Hi,

I'm currently running the latest OMV on my server, everything is running great. I share my folders through my local network with Samba.

I used to have XPEnology on my server, and I miss one feature : File Station. The ability to browse your shared folders through a web browser was really great, and I would like to configure something similar on OMV. I'm trying to do some stuff with Owncloud and WebDAV but, well, I've no idea how to configure this.

Any ideas ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try the extplorer plugin or the owncloud install script?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• How about openmediavault-extplorer ? You also could install webmin and use the build-in filemanagement feature.

Greetings
    David

Edit: Aaron, you're too damn fast...

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Webmin is working fine but I would like to be able to give the access to some of my share folders to some friends and family, they aren't tech-savvy folks and a Webmin access is going to "disturb" them. :ugeek:

I've never been able to use eXtplorer, after login it leaves me with a blank white screen, see the attachment.

I've installed Owncloud with the install script (the alias version didn't worked). I still have to figure out how to access my shared folders from it, with users and permissions.

• Yeah... owncloud is what you are searching for in this case.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!