SnapRAID- HDD failure simulation running on Virtual Box v6.1<Cannot Be Done only on Real Hardware>

• Hi wepee found that post because I am testing the same as you, and for me it works perfectly when I remove a drive from de VM and attach a new one, but instead if I have installed the unionfilesystems plugin and have a mounted and working union, if I do the same (dettach hdd and attach a new one... then I have the same problem as you, it boots in emergy mode, GUI is not working, also sshd is dead and can't start it, weird... I would like to test this kind of disasters to be prepared of what to do in a real enviroment (home nas)

Thank you!

Cheers

• Hi wepee found that post because I am testing the same as you, and for me it works perfectly when I remove a drive from de VM and attach a new one, but instead if I have installed the unionfilesystems plugin and have a mounted and working union, if I do the same (dettach hdd and attach a new one... then I have the same problem as you, it boots in emergy mode, GUI is not working, also sshd is dead and can't start it, weird... I would like to test this kind of disasters to be prepared of what to do in a real enviroment (home nas)

Thank you!

Cheers

Fixed.

The problem was the unionfs mount line in fstab, by default the plugin add it without 'nofail' option, so if there's a missing disk it won't boot.

• If I include nofail as an option in a mergerfs mount statement it fails to mount:

fuse: unknown option `nofail'

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If I include nofail as an option in a mergerfs mount statement it fails to mount:

fuse: unknown option `nofail'

Yeah I noticed that, if you try to mount using the mount -a command, it shows that error, but instead if you reboot the system it works perfectly. It seems a problem of libfuse that is not ignoring the nofail option when using mount command

• And what happens if you need to run mount -a and don't want to reboot?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Please post back when your other post clears moderation and provide a link here.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!