Raspberry Pi 4 4GB+ OMV 5 + Wd my Book duo. Will it work?

• Dear all,

has anyone tried to run a WDMyBook Duo on a Raspberry Pi With OMV 5 ? I had the idea to run this Drive as RAID on the RPI.
    Would this work?

Thanks for advice!

RPI4 4GB, OMV 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think the weak point is the WDMyBookDuo. I suspect it may perform poorly with OMV on a RPi4. Try to find out if someone is using it successfully with a RPi4.

But if you already have the drive, try it.

I have good personal experience from using:

https://www.startech.com/HDD/E…a-iii-usb-uasp~S352BU33HR

But no doubt many other brands and models are as good or better. But I have not tested them...

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• I´m excited for the results. Just checked back for the budget of a 12TB version and counts up in Germany at 370€. At this specs you will have a max of 6Tb redundant but...

... no raid, no backup as ling as you not willed to kick 6tb off the setup - so it isn´t worth the price and not really compatative nowadays.

Yes, you can have a good and fast NAS in case you get everything solved with the RPi but it is not the usual way to go especially when it comes to several drives connected on the USB at the same time. USB wasn´t invented to have high data transfer rates and broadband connections. so the rpi4 isn´t, too.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!