NFS mount / Master Server / Slave Server

• hello,
    OMV user for a long time, now I am facing a small problem.

I have a Master server with my hard drives in raid and my sheets, and NFS share and I would like a slave server can mount the share the master server and slave server from the mount SMB / AFP shares.

I used fstab but the NFS share from from the master server is not visible in the interface openmedivault.

There's there a way to bypassed this?

best regards,

Moimeme
    --------------------------------------------------

bonjour,
    utilisateur d'OMV depuis bien longtemps, aujourd'hui je suis confronté à un petit probléme.

J'ai un serveur Maitre avec mes disques durs en raid et mes partitions, et des partage NFS et je voudrais qu'un Serveur Esclave puisse monter les partages du serveur maitre et a partir du server esclave monter les partages SMB / AFP.

J'ai utilisé FStab mais le partage NFS provenant depuis le serveur maitre reste invisible dans l'interface d'openmedivault.

Il y'a-t'il un moyen pour contourné ceci?

Cordialement,

Moimeme

• You mounted the NFS share from your Master Server on your Slave Server? And you now want to share this again, from the Slave Server? I've never seen someone done this before and I doubt OMV can do this at this stage.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hello

I need make this.

Why because i'am testing with iSCSI and i have poor performance, with NFS i'have good performance.

is it possible to create a plugin or add the ability to mount NFS Share, and at the same time using the system property and OMV sharing?

best regard,

NFS Share on OMV

iSCSI

• Seems your Storage has to push a lot of data that you need that high transfer speeds. I will poke ryecoaaron if somethings like that possible.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You want a plugin that mounts the nfs share on a remote (master) server as a shared folder so that it can be used in other plugins within the OMV web interface? If so, the plugin is possible IF you can bind mount the mounted nfs share to another folder (a newly created shared folder).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll see what I can come up with.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is my initial effort.

• Excellent, that is a very handy plugin!! Many Thanks for that!!!

I was also looking how to configure it that way, but still didn't get through. I thought it would be possible by 'simply mounting' the NFS share, but it seems more complicated... and I didn't figure out how to do that...

So right now I have mounted an exported zfs share and want to have the daap server serve the contents.
    It seems I am stuck here: the NFS - which is readonly - share seems to be mounted OK, but nothing is displayed in iTunes.
    So I went with eXTplorer to see this, and in eXTplorer all folders on the share are listed, but only the top level, and I cannot see their contents.
    But: I can see and expand the sub-folders when going to the shares settings page and clicking the ACL button.
    Are there additional rights needed just in order to display the contents of the share?

greetings

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try the openmediavault-remoteshare plugin instead. It has some fstab changes. If that doesn't work, there isn't much I can do since the plugin basically just creates an entry in fstab.

• Code
    nano /etc/fstab

Code
    # <<< [openmediavault]
    # >>> [omvremotenfsshare]
    192.168.1.100:Multimedia /media/6e8e80ce-edaf-4322-8d22-3a1a86d374ee/NfsMultimedia/ nfs intr 0 0
    # <<< [omvremotenfsshare]

in fstab is mounted correctly

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is with the fstab change, the nfs share is mounted after the bind mount and it needs to be the other way. The remoteshare plugin fixes this. I didn't call it the same because I added the option to remote mount samba shares.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enable the omv-extras testing repo and it should be in your plugin list.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That doesn't make much sense. The remoteshare plugin mounts the nfs export directly to the shared folder. No bind mounting. Maybe there is an option that needs to be put in fstab? I don't know what else to try.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!