Can’t select sdcard directory for samba share

• OMV 5.x (beta)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can’t select sdcard directory for samba share

Device : Raspberry 4 4gb ram
      Os: Raspbian buster elite with OMV 5 installed using script
      Issue: SDcard directory not listed down/can’t be selected when adding samba share

Hello, i wanted add shares folder from sdcard, basically as plex cache/nzbget temp folder before moving the files into external hdd.

But I don’t see it listed under the drives selection.
      I’ve also selected the expand sdcard storage option in rasp-conf prior to installing OMV 5 beta.

Is there anything else i need to configure in the settings?

• OMV does not create shared folders on the root filesystem by default. Maybe you should try the plugin that allows that.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • ferbulous wrote:

Hello, i wanted add shares folder from sdcard, basically as plex cache/nzbget temp folder before moving the files into external hdd.
      Consider that SD cards have a limited number of writes possible. That is why we use the flashmemory-plugin.
      If/when the number of writes is exceeded your data will get corrupted. Which is bad if it happens on your OS filesystem. I would connect a SSD for that.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - OMV5.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV5.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV5 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • macom wrote:

ferbulous wrote:

Consider that SD cards have a limited number of writes possible. That is why we use the flashmemory-plugin.If/when the number of writes is exceeded your data will get corrupted. Which is bad if it happens on your OS filesystem. I would connect a SSD for that.
      Yes, i intend to do exactly that. By cloning the sdcard into ssd