Can’t select sdcard directory for samba share

• Device : Raspberry 4 4gb ram
    Os: Raspbian buster elite with OMV 5 installed using script
    Issue: SDcard directory not listed down/can’t be selected when adding samba share

Hello, i wanted add shares folder from sdcard, basically as plex cache/nzbget temp folder before moving the files into external hdd.

But I don’t see it listed under the drives selection.
    I’ve also selected the expand sdcard storage option in rasp-conf prior to installing OMV 5 beta.

Is there anything else i need to configure in the settings?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello, i wanted add shares folder from sdcard, basically as plex cache/nzbget temp folder before moving the files into external hdd.

Consider that SD cards have a limited number of writes possible. That is why we use the flashmemory-plugin.
    If/when the number of writes is exceeded your data will get corrupted. Which is bad if it happens on your OS filesystem. I would connect a SSD for that.

• Consider that SD cards have a limited number of writes possible. That is why we use the flashmemory-plugin.If/when the number of writes is exceeded your data will get corrupted. Which is bad if it happens on your OS filesystem. I would connect a SSD for that.

Yes, i intend to do exactly that. By cloning the sdcard into ssd

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!