Receive Error: Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: when attempting to create shared drives on NFS mount point file system

• Hello All,

Wanting to see if anyone else is seeing this issue: I have installed OMV 5.3.0-1 in a VM on top of Proxmox VE 6.1-3, I created a large ZFS Pool in Proxmox VE as opposed to passing drives through to the ZFS plugin within OMV 5.3.0-1, I created a ZFS NFS share which I can connect to without issue from other NFS clients. Then I installed the remotemount 5.0.2 plugin and mounted a nfs file system mount via the remotemount plugin, the mount completed and mounted as a file system in OMV without error. I then attempted to create a fileshare and I received the error below:

Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: '192.168.0.188:/Pool-A/Movies'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/remoteabstract.inc:209
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/remoteabstract.inc(139): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\RemoteAbstract::fetchMountPointFromFstabByFsnameAndType('192.168.0.188:/...', 'nfs4')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(902): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\RemoteAbstract->getImpl('192.168.0.188:/...')
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(88): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::getImplByMountPoint('/srv/4ca56533-7...')
    #3 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->getCandidates(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getCandidates', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'getCandidates', Array, Array, 1)

#7 {main}

I have seen reported issues with a similar error on earlier version of OMV and the remotemount plug-in and a suggestion to use NFS 3 as opposed to NFS 4, I tried that with the same result. Any and all assistance or suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :D

• Update - I installed OMV 4.1.33-1 in Proxmox VE with the remotemount plug-in version 4.0.7 and I was able to create an NFS version 4 connection to my zfs pool NFS mount point and could also create a shared folder from within OMV with no issue.

Based on what I discovered above the issue I am having with NFS remotemounts on OMV 5 appears to be specific to OMV 5.3.0-1 using the remotemount plugin 5.0.2.

Any updates on when this will be resolved would be greatly appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any updates on when this will be resolved would be greatly appreciated.

I am so tired of this plugin... I will have to try to recreate it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Version 5.0.3 of the plugin in the repo now fixed the problem on my dev system.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!