Letsencrypt installation in Docker

• Hi,
    my atomic pi server is running on OMV version 4.1.31-1 and everything is working fine! Samba, bt, ssh, jellyfin, pi hole etc.
    I tried to follow Techno dad's video to set up letsencrypt in my OMV's docker.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?…k0h00410.1581250481904870

I couldn't save my container if I add "==network xxxx" after "--cap-add=NET_ADMIN" in extra arguements section, the error message popped up was something like this:
    with exit code '125': docker: conflicting options: cannot attach both user-defined and non-user-defined network-modes. See 'docker run --help'.

I managed to save the container without this bit and carry on with the process, not sure if it will cause any issue, though.
    I login to OMV root using putty and generated the cert sucessfully, I checked it with my dns address as suggested by Techno dad and the same web page as techno dad demo pops up.

Then I double check my putty's LOG and realized that at the end of the long cert generation message, It says this:
    ngnix [alert] detected a LuaJIT version which is not OpenResty's, many optimisations will be diabled and performance will be compromised...
    does it matter?

It is my first time setting up letsencrypt in docker, what else do I need to do?
    any advise will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Zitat

ngnix [alert] detected a LuaJIT version which is not OpenResty's, many optimisations will be diabled and performance will be compromised...

don’t worry about it.

What you do next depends on the question: which service you want to expose to the Internet via letsencrypt?

• don’t worry about it.
    What you do next depends on the question: which service you want to expose to the Internet via letsencrypt?

thank you very much for your prompt reply.
    I would like to secure connections for openvpn, transmission and OMV web admin.
    I am going to install openvpn in docker later.

• The letsencrypt docker provides a ssl certificate for an encrypted https connection to services which you expose to the internet.
    if you are using a vpn connection to connect to your LAN, you don’t need letsencrypt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!