NEWBIE question anyone patient...

• Hi

Managed to install OMV and have access to folders and so far working.
    Now tried to install OpenVPN following a tutorial on youtube, I get stuck on the beginning, when I tried to log in as root, says access denied.

ssh is enabled & root access

So I use the same password for all the accounts
    ssh root@192.168.99.189
    password: fail

ssh admin@192.168.99.189
    password: ok

ssh francisco@192.168.99.189
    password: ok

I try to run the command but because I am not under root gives an error
    nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Any help would be appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I use the same password for all the accounts

Not a good idea :)

ssh root@192.168.99.189
    password: fail

That would suggest that you typed the password in wrong or the password is different to the user admin.

Anyhow this should help you resolve it

• Not a good idea :)

That would suggest that you typed the password in wrong or the password is different to the user admin.
    Anyhow this should help you resolve it

I must be crap, never succeed at getting anything set up on the pi. Only thing that ever achieved was using it as a media center.

I follow the instructions suggested above and still nothing.
    On my users there is two pi and Francisco.
    To my understanding I need to ssh to root, so I can follow the tutorial. Problem is when I ssh root@192.168.99.189 I get access denied but when I am on web ui I have ssh enabled and root access.
    I tried creating a new user called “user1” and on groups tick ssh, sido,root.
    then
    ssh user1@192.168.99.189
    password: xxxxx
    sudo root password: add a new one

then
    ssh root@192.168.99.189
    Password: denied

Confusing

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, so your root password is fine. Are you sure you have root ssh enabled? When you enabled it, did you save and apply the settings? I'm not a fan of SSH as root anyway, and always SSH as a user, then change to root.. but now you know where the issue is.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!