(howto) Upgrade Docker-Compose on OMV5

• Howto upgrade Docker-Compose on OMV5

This is the path of Docker-Compose on my OMV5 installation:

# whereis docker-compose
    docker-compose: /usr/bin/docker-compose /usr/share/man/man1/docker-compose.1.gz

Here is how to upgrade Docker-Compose to v1.25.4 (latest as of 11. FEB 2020)

Fire up a terminal :) - type these commands, one line at a time.

Code
    curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.25.4/docker-compose-`uname -s`-`uname -m` -o /usr/bin/docker-compose

chmod +x /usr/bin/docker-compose

That's it!

Result:

# docker-compose -v
    docker-compose version 1.25.4, build 8d51620a

I wrote this because maybe someone need to know how and where docker-compose is installed, as they cannot use the default docker-compose path, which is stated in the doc.

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras 5.2.4 will install docker-compose 1.25.4 now. To update, just click the install Docker entry in the Docker menu now. Thanks for letting me know the new version was out.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you @ryecoaaron

Had a suspicion that it could be done that way, thank you for letting me know.

Working on getting Traefik v2.1 to work and understand how it operates, that was why I had to update to the latest docker-compose myself.

If there are any Traefik v2.1 experts in here, please write a detailed OMV tutorial on how to get the most out of it on OMV5 :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!