KVM Interface 1Gb to 10Gb - Speeds Don't Change

• Hello,

I have a strange problem.

I installed OMV5 on a host that had a 1Gb adapter in a KVM host on top of proxmox. I have since migrated this VM to a new host which uses a bridge on a 10Gb card. The KVM image, however still runs at 1Gb. I installed a new KVM host using Ubuntu on the same host, bridge etc. etc.. and get 10Gb speeds but with this older omv host, it won't adapt. If I run ethtool i obviously don't get anything as it's a virtual adapter.

Any idea how I can reinstall the driver or get it set right?

Proxmox Cluster with OMV 5x on KVM
    OMV 5.0.10-1
    Containers, Containers, Containers

• I just installed a new version of OMV next to an ubuntu VM fresh install 18.xx on the same proxmox host. They both use the same bridge. The new fresh OMV install refuses to run at 10Gb but the Ubuntu one works fine. Why can't OMV run at 10Gbit here? This might be a deal breaker for me at this stage.

OMV 5.0.10-1

• So I did a fresh install of debian 10 and OMV and have the same issue.

The board is x10sdv-tln4f
    Ethernet Connection X552/X557-AT 10GBASE-T

Is this some incompatibility with debian?

OMV 5.0.10-1

• This is an issue with my VLAN routing for VMs vs HOSTS so my fault. Thank god.

Sorry baby. I didn't mean to threaten I was going to leave you. I'll take you to dinner.

This might be a deal breaker for me at this stage.

OMV 5.0.10-1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!