Offline updates

• Hi,

I have installed OMV in a server that does't have internet connection.

I know that i can put update packages in update manager mannually, but is there some way to disable online check for newest updates when mannually upload a package?

This is annoying, takes a long time to finish with error, and produces alerts on firewall that is preventing internet access.

• Another feature 'request' that is out of the scope of OMV. It should be possible by editing the code yourself, however you would need to do the modifications again on each individual update.

You may wan't to think about a local repository mirror.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I would just give the system internet access, you could comment out all of the entries in /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list. I don't think it would looks for updates then because there is no repos setup.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Debian provides a tool to collect all new packages on a seperate client. If you simply want to upgrade the OMV packages you can download them from packages.openmediavault.org. Note, this package repository does not contain any package that is used by the Debian OS OMV is running on, thus you do not get any Debian security updates.

• Zitat von "votdev"

Debian provides a tool to collect all new packages on a seperate client. If you simply want to upgrade the OMV packages you can download them from packages.openmediavault.org. Note, this package repository does not contain any package that is used by the Debian OS OMV is running on, thus you do not get any Debian security updates.

Yes i know. My problem is that when i upload mannually an omv package, update manager try to refresh the rest of updates online.

Thanks for the fast replies dudes, i'll try to remove repositories (when installed it I made online and download all updates) and see what happens.

• If I were going to do what you are doing, which I never would, I would do updates/upgrades manually in command line. Like so:

dpkg -i packagename

You could just use a usb stick to get whatever package to your machine. Are you a photographer?

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

If I were going to do what you are doing, which I never would, I would do updates/upgrades manually in command line. Like so:

dpkg -i packagename

You could just use a usb stick to get whatever package to your machine. Are you a photographer?

It could be a good choice. thanks

I'm IT engineer, but in my leisure time, yes, i'm photographer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!