Sync google photos to OMV

• Have a try with this container, seems perfect for you
    https://github.com/gilesknap/g…nc/blob/master/README.rst

I use a different approach: sync all smartphone storage with Syncthing and upload photos to Google Photos via my PC's browser.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• Take a look at rclone/rclone docker... I use it to copy my google photos onto my omv. Cron the run of docker container weekly.

I also use it for google drive backup onto nas.

Works well once docker containers are set up... Can even use rclone mount to mount remote file store on nas...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

• Duplicati?

I never use, but i hear about

Don't use it. It's buggy.

Really buggy.

Extremely buggy.

I eventually gave up using it: it's so easy to get the database corrupted that ends up being very frustrating.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

• Offizieller Beitrag

Duplicati is not a tool for syncing. It is a tool for encrypted backup with deduplication.

Don't use it. It's buggy.

Really buggy.

Cannot confirm that. Only had to recreate the database after moving from OMV4 (Duplicati as service) to OMV5 (Duplicati as docker). And probably not even that was necessary as most likely it was an issue with my cloud provider.

• Duplicati is not a tool for syncing. It is a tool for encrypted backup with deduplication.

Cannot confirm that. Only had to recreate the database after moving from OMV4 (Duplicati as service) to OMV5 (Duplicati as docker). And probably not even that was necessary as most likely it was an issue with my cloud provider.

Yes and no. As you said, Duplicati is not for sync but backup.

I was using it to backup my stuff to a cloud provider.

I don't and I can't remember all the issues I encountered, but getting a corrupt database it's easier than you imagine, then you start backing up your own databases and you've put yourself in a rabbit hole.

To be honest I stopped using this nightmare about a year ago. The stable (coff coff... sorry, Beta) version was lagging behind development for more than a year and only at the end of 2019 has been updated with that progress. I haven't tested this update, and I think I never will. At the moment I gave up backing up to a cloud provider.

Also good luck reconstructing your database in case something goes wrong. I really wished Duplicati was reliable... since this software has almost no competitors.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!