Cant resize partition with Gparted live USB

• I have tried a couple times to resize the main partition I use for OMV, its in an SSD with 3 partition OS, Swap and storage. I havent been using the storage as I wanted to use it for transcoding in Plex and later found out about memory transcoding, so its been sitting empty and my OS partition is full.
    When opening Gparted I deleted the storage partition, apply and then resize but it doesnt allow me to expand it only reduce it.
    Tried on my windows machine, but after expanding the partition it would even boot.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? I dont really want to have to reinstall and setup OMV as its been working great.

Thanks

• You should post a screenshot of the partition layout that Gparted is showing you.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Your swap partition is between the other two. You have to either move it to the end of the drive or delete it before you can shrink sdb3 and grow sdb1.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Does it matter if I just delete swap? I have 12Gbs of ram and it normally doesnt go over 30%.

And how do I move it to the end?

And just for curiosities sake, why does it matter in an SSD where the partition is located?

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!